Electric Vehicle Charging Points

Electric Vehicle Charging Points

Update 19/02/2018

Richmond Council are consulting on the location of more electric vehicle charging points in Kew and elsewhere in the Borough. You can see the proposals and have your say, by 11 March, here:

https://haveyoursay.citizenspace.com/richmondecs/electric-vehicle-18/consult_view/

Update 18/01/2018

The rapid electric vehicle charging point at 241-245 Lower Richmond Road (ref 17/3687/FUL) has been approved.

Update 14/12/2017

In October 2016 we commented in support of Richmond Council’s policy on encouraging an increase in uptake of electric vehicles in the Borough. Much depends on finding suitable locations for electric vehicle charging points, convenient for residents. We commented on the proposal for a charging point at 241-245 Lower Richmond Road (A316) (Council reference 17/3687/FUL) to say that we encouraged the expansion of electric charging points being promoted by Transport for London and suggested suitable arrangements be agreed for when the charging points might be used for commercial vehicles and when for residents. We also asked whether other off road locations were being actively considered.

The Council are having to weigh up the demand for charging points with the increase in parking stress through loss of parking spaces in each proposed location.The Council’s Planning Committee considered a number of applications for charging points at their meeting on 29th November 2017 and turned them down because of the parking stress created. We hope suitable alternative locations will be identified so that the policy to encourage uptake of electric cars can be implemented quickly.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.

NEWS

Richmond in Bloom: Best Village in Bloom Update 22/06/2018 We have today submitted our entry f [more]
The wildlife conservation and protection film, Richmond Park – National Nature Reserve, presented [more]

EVENTS

Event Information:

  • Fri
    11
    May
    2018
    6:30 pmKew Gardens at Elizabeth Gate, Kew Green.

    Kew Palace, also known as the Dutch House, was built in 1631 for a Flemish merchant, Samuel Fortrey and his wife, Catherine de Latfeur.  Their initials remain carved over the entrance to Kew Palace.

    The house was leased by Queen Caroline and later bought by George III who spent happy summers at Kew Palace with his wife, Queen Charlotte and their 15 children.   It was an important refuge during his infamous episodes of 'madness'. After Queen Charlotte died in 1818, Kew Palace was closed up.  It was acquired by RBG Kew 80 years later and opened to the public for the first time.

    The Royal Kitchens, next to the Palace, are preserved from the time of Queen Charlotte's death in 1818. The Great Kitchen and preparation rooms give an insight into Georgian culinary life and the servants who worked there.

    We will finish our tour by raising a glass to royal toasts, hosts and maybe ghosts!

    Please note that there is a lift in the palace but not in the kitchens where there are a lot of steps.

    Tickets for members only: £8 to include a glass of wine

    To book tickets using a creditcard click here (with fees via eventbrite)

    To pay by cheque (no fees) please click here to down load the form